I am so invested in the kids and the workshops, but I must remind myself that I am here to be a performer too!
Trapper and I were close friends from the club singing circuit. Back then I was working as a waitress. Trapper knew I was miserable so he offered me a job as his assistant. It has been almost a year and a half now. Working with him is a trip! It’s exciting and crazy, but it’s often extremely rewarding. It’s really hard because I’m balancing working for Trapper and pursuing my singing career as well. I am so invested in the kids and the workshops, but I must remind myself that I am here to be a performer too!
My career has been pretty steady since I was about 21. I did some off Broadway shows, club gigs, a national tour, Broadway, and tons of regional productions as well. In between all these gigs I worked odd jobs like babysitting, promotions, and before working for Trapper I was a waitress.
Before Trapper stuck us in an office together, Baby T and I knew of each other but we hadn’t really hung out. We became besties fast! I love Baby T! We love to chill at his apartment and go out to lunch.
When Trapper announced just days beforehand that he wanted some of his clients to perform at the Apollo I was pissed and scared. I didn’t want to stress the kids out but I knew it would be a lot of work. It turned out great but I was worried about the kids not feeling prepared. I was also nervous about Isabella not showing up. It happens a lot in the theater world and I was constantly thinking of a back-up plan. But, the kids are and always will be consummate professionals. I had total faith in them. The Apollo wasn’t really their key audience but they were amazing!
- Meet The Cast Get to know the cast of The Next Big Thing!
- Get To Know Trapper Get to know Trapper Felides of The Next Big Thing!
- Episode 101: Showtime at the Apollo! Trapper Felides, New York's top performance coach for young talent, enters his Broadway-bound kids in the legendary Apollo amateur night in hopes that they will capture the attention of an important music producer.
- The Next Big Thing Season 1 Recap Check out the season recap of The Next Big Thing.
- Episode 103: Not So Sweet 17 While Trapper struggles to launch the career of an up and coming pop star, he entrusts his Tracy and Baby T to plan an over the top 17th birthday bash for his most important client.